This is so easy and so tasty! I made it often during the summer as a meal for myself. It's great this time of year as well and can be a side dish for Mexican style meals.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (4 limes)
- 3 T. roasted tomato salsa or your choice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado
- 1 T or more chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a small bowl, stir together lime juice, salsa, cumin and salt. In a large bowl, stir together rice and corn, breaking up any rice clumps.
- Pour lime-juice mixture over rice mixture and stir well to coat. Add beans, bell pepper, tomatoes and scallions, and toss gently to combine.
- Just before serving, pit, peel and dice avocado, and stir gently into salad. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- I found the recipe online somewhere...cannot remember where. The original called for about 1-3 T. oil which I did not use. Between the lime juice and the salsa, there's enough liquid. I also used the frozen brown rice....in the microwave for 90 seconds and it's done! I hope you enjoy!
Joining ~ Yvonne for On The Menu Monday